2024-04-18

Magna Via Francigena - Corleone to Prizzi

I walk all day with the Danish gentleman, about 23 km with 760m ascent and 460m descent.

We reroute a bit in one spot where a dog is guarding cows, and barking.

We meet a lot of barking dogs behind fences, and a few friendly ones who follow us a few meters.

Chillier day than yesterday, 12C and windy. No rain though.

A small church near Corleone



We also meet a cat family.








We arrive Prizzi, and part ways as we have different B&Bs.

I visit the archaeological museum, and it is closed! Disappointing, I was really interested in it and the schedule on the Internet seemed to indicate that it should be open!


I have a really nice swordfish at the local tavern Trattoria Del Corso! I'm hungry, so I order too much food - I want to try both the fish, and the lentil stew, and the stewed mushrooms. I still manage to eat all of it.

I check the museum again and it is open, and free! Great success! I get a guided tour. Fully in Italian, but I understand a fair amount. It had been a Greek town on the neighbouring hill which the Romans destroyed, and has now been largely excavated and the artifacts found placed in this museum.

I go to the B&B on the outskirts and go to sleep very early.

I have a limited food supply, but the shops are closed, and tomorrow I will depart away from the town, so probably won't visit any shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment