2024-04-18

Magna Via Francigena - Santa Cristina Gela to Corleone

Breakfast is one arancino (a Sicilian traditional deep fried rice ball with something - this time minced meat and peas - inside) with one coffee and it's included in the B&B price.

Arancino - deep fried rice ball with something - this time minced meat and peas - inside


It seems like a long day of walking, 26 km total, and two German hikers catch up to me. I walk with them for the rest of the way.

We speak only German, though I am sure they speak great English and my German is quite limited. But I appreciate the practice and they are very nice about it.

They are walking pretty fast though, since they are from Bodensee, and evidently have had plenty of practice.



It is a nice, long, hilly walk with some steep slopes.

We pass a religious building Santuario Madonna di Tagliavia which should, per some route descriptions, have water and coffee, but it is closed, despite the sign "24h" on one of the doors.

Santuario Madonna di Tagliavia


I finally reach my B&B "La bicicletta Rossa", and the proprietress there is genuinely nice and makes us feel very welcome. I also meet a Danish hiker and two Italian hikers there.


No comments:

Post a Comment